Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop double Sessions in Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2000
US
Yeah we have windows 2000 Server running with Terminal Server and our company software we use dosnt like to have double sessions in Terminal. We have times where some one will get kicked off internet while they are working in Terminal Server then they will connect back in and then they show up in Terminal Server manager as two sessions and even sometimes 3 however many times they keep coming back in without logging out.. Is there a way you can restrict them from logging back in if they are disconnect or still showing logged in?? Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks..

Robb [sig][/sig]

In the user configuration is there not a setting to restrict logons?
You could also automatically reset any disconnected sessions.
Pritch.

I have the same problem, I looked in the client connection manager and I cannot see anywhere that this is an option

Look in the Terminal Services configuration
select RDP-tcp connection, and choose properties

Under the sessions-tab, you can set the reset option

Also, in the user manager / AD user properties you should be able to set some configuration on user level...
Peter Van Eeckhoutte
peter.ve@pandora.be

I looked at the rdp connections and the only thing I can see in there is to limit the amount of time.

There is a tool in the resource kit called CCONNECT. It's rather complex to use. If you're running citrix you can use the command QUERY USER in combination with a loginscript to deny access.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back