Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop corruption in Groupwise 4.x until we upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

lap73

MIS
Jul 11, 2001
US
I have been searching Novell's Knowledgebase to find out how to fix/prevent database corruption in Groupwise 4.1a. According one of the TID (2928485) I found, it was suggested that in order to prevent future database corruption, I should switch the Message Server to run in Server Always mode, rather than User App Threshold (which is what we are running now).

According to the TID, I have to ensure that we are running the Groupwise client 4.1a patch 3. Otherwise, we could have problems with Personal Groups when running the Message Server in Server Always mode.

Has anyone been through this kind of conversion? Is there anything else I should check for or be concerned about? How extreme is this type of change?

It is only applying a patch. Then in AD select the MS, change it to server always. No hassle, big deal or stress. Lee Smith
Xenon Network Services
Snr. Technical Support
LSmith@xenon-uk.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back