Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STOP CDR RECORD FOR ONE EXTENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbuckeye

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
Hi,

I need the PBX, Guestworks from sending call records for a single extension. Can I do that, if so where should i change.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I believe you can change the "CDR Privacy" field to yes on the station form to stop sending records. It's usually on the 2nd page, upper left column.

Thanks,

I did make the change on the "CDR Privacy" field, but still they show up.

What cdr privacy does is strip digits from the dialed number in the cdr record. You set how many digits on the system-parmameters cdr page. This way you get a number that is not so easy to identify.

So,

Does this mean, we cannot program the GW to "not" to send a CDR for one single extension. Only relies on the Call Accounting system to discard the call record for that specific extension.

BTW:
Phoneman2 the location has third party Call Accounting System.

Thanks.

I am not 100% sure, and not near a switch, but try out "Data Restriction" on page two or there abouts...
Could be I am totally wrong though, but give it a shot..

Bis, Data restriction is to keep call waiting tones etc from interupting a call in session. Thus if you are using a station for a data call it will not drop from these tones.

[thumbsup2] well that clears that up - thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back