Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Stop: c0000221 Bad Image checksum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdelhaq

Technical User
May 24, 2001
BE
whenever i boot my system (fresh install)i get a blue screen saying:

"STOP: c0000221 {bad image checksum} the image ole32.dll is possibly corrupt, the header checksum does not match the computed checksum."

What to do?

Good morning,

Sounds like you may have a hardware/driver conflict. See the MS Q article @ Also, make sure that you are using all of the proprietary OEM drivers for your drive controller, motherboard on-board hardware etc. I have seen this come up b4 using the wrong drivers for a UDMA/66 disk controller on a Mylex MOBO. Best of luck to you. Greg Armstrong
A+ MCSE+I :)

The URL u pointed me to does not exist anymore, thx anyway, but how can i install drivers if i can't run my OS. Plz direct me to the solution step by step, 'cause i'm turning grey here.

Thx armstrong, I've already seen that one and thus i removed all of my unnecessary hardware such as my second HDD, my AGP graphiccard, my cd-writer.
I've made my primary HDD seagate 10GB the master and my cd-rom my slave, still i get the error

What make/model of Motherboard are you using? Is the Contoller Card on-board? Greg Armstrong

I'm using a MSI K7TPro2 mainboard with a AMD Athlon 800Mhz CPU, Seagate HDD 10GB, 256MB ram

The first thing that I would do is to confirm the jumper settings on the motherboard for UDMA/Bus Speeds and verify that all settings in BIOS are correct. Greg Armstrong

Did you find a solution to your problem? I am receiving exactly the same error message installing Windows 2000 server on a Dell dimension XPS.
John Weikert

Yes i did, the problem was a conflict with my cd-rom driver, so try and change your cd-rom drive with a newer one, this was a solution to my prob.
Win2000 is very sensitive about these things
Let me know if it worked

Thanks for the quick response. I have a call out with Dell at the moment, I'll wait and see if they come up with the same solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back