Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stop automatically synchronizing files

Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdmill

Technical User
Apr 18, 2005
US
Hi all,

I'm using 6.0.

My projects, seemingly randomly, have started automatically synchronizing all their files and/or refreshing the project view. This happens when I save anything, and sometimes when I simply open a file in a project. It's quite a hassle, especially, since some of my projects are very large.

I can't find any preference, option, etc. that will stop this behavior. What am I missing?

Thanks

Is your project in master or local mode (right-click your project and checking the "Working Mode")?

Also, there are a number of settings on the "General" tab of the IDispWebProject Properties dialog (right-click your project and select "Properties"):

If you have "Link Repair" on, and you are moving/renaming pages a lot, this could be what you are running into, though I think you would normally get a dialog asking if you wish other pages to be updated if they have links pointing to the moved/renamed page.

Do you use the built-in navigation objects? Is your project set to "Always update navigation structure on local Web server"

Do you have any dependencies defined ("Dependencies" tab of the properties dialog)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back