Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STOP: 0x00000024 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrcandyman83

Technical User
Mar 16, 2006
US
When boot my PC, it goes directly to the start mode screen (Safe Mode, Last working, etc.) No matter what mode I choose, I end up at the infamous blue screen. It reads:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this.......

Disable or uninstall........

Technical Information:
STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001901FD,0x081BD2088,0x0000102,0x00000000)

I am unable to follow the directions becase i can't get intoi windows. Does anyone have suggestions or a starting point?

Hi
when you got this message di you recently install a hardware or software if yes it is possible that is faulty or did not install correctly
with windows xp it shuts the system down to protect your computer now what you can do if it will let you is go into safe mode and then go into windows and try to do a system restore if you cant or that does not work you can
use your xp cd and run windows repair
hope this helps

Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

The Stop 0x24 message indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives."

First thing you should do - Stick in your Windows XP CD - boot from it. At the first list of options press R to use the Recovery Console.

At the recovery console, run the 'chkdsk /r' command - this will find and fix problems with the drive.

That should sort it for you.

More info:
Scroll down to find the message that you are getting.

Hope this helps.

'When all else fails.......read the manual'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back