Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STOP 0x0000001E BSOD on Boot-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCremins

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
GB
Hi,

My Windows 2000 Professional PC hung whilst accessing a CD and on reboot the following persistant Blue Screen message is displayed regardless of which F8 option I choose on booting:

STOP 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xF23D0FDC, 0x00000000, 0x0000000000C) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED

Any ideas on how to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

That's one of the errors I'm getting. Pay attention to the driver on the stop screen. Should be something lke ***.sys or ***.vxd . I'm getting atapi.sys STOP screen.

Look for my thread in this same group. It describes my problem in more detail. Please let Tek-Tips members know if their posts were helpful.

Thanks for the comments. Unfortunately, my system does not give any driver information as part of the STOP message which is why I am struggling to work out where to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back