Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STO-DATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avayauser1

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
GB
Does anybody know how to clear STO-DATA alarms? My r-media drive has gone OOS now cannot bring back in, I have replaced the drive but cannot bring it back into service....

Thanks

Try running test removable media short clear. Once alarms clear then save translations. Once save translations complete ok backup disk both. If the test of the removable media fails try swapping the media between the drives and rerun the above procedure. If your working drive goes oos then the media is bad and needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps
ED
Humpty Dumpty Was Pushed

1a2 to ip I seen it all

ED

Thanks for your quick reply, I've already tried the test, fails on a 703 code:

"SCSI sense information indicates that a SCSI command terminated with a nonrecovered error condition probably caused by a flaw in the medium or an error in the recorded data."

I've swapped the media between the drives and also tried new media, drive on B shelf stays OOS and A shelf remains in service....

I would give this to Avaya or your BP. The next step is to swap the physical drives. They might do it better and quicker.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it.
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Try to do a busy host ?? (1a or 1b) whatever the drive is. You can also try (after the busy host??) reset r-media ?? Then release host ?? Then try doing the test r-media ?? If it is good, that should get it going for you.

Mike Jones
LSUHSC

I've already replaced the r-media drive, tried resetting the removable media but get the same error code (703) I'm stumped...

Thanks for your ideas anyway I appreciate it, one for Avaya
this I think

you can have a hard drive trouble show as a removable media on rare occasion, so start looking at that.

The hard drive and r-media needs to be the same vintage. Also if you have save announcements on the drive the date has to match on the r-media or it will create an alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back