Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stlye.sfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKT159

Programmer
Aug 6, 2001
US
You can uncomment code in this file to add features to your collection. ONe of which is date modified. Does anyone know how to set up the style files in order to be able to index a files modified date in your collection and then how to search upon that index?

Im not sure what you're asking for. What is a style.sfl ?

Are you just talking about the lastmodified attribute of a file? What is your goal?

Inside of you collection you have a folder called style. Inside that folder there are several style.* files. Within these files is the cose to manipulate how the collection indexes the data. For example, if you open style.prm you can modify verity search search for different types of a word with the soundex command. With this you can type "there" as your search criteria and it will return documents with the word "there", "their", and "they're." In style.prm you can also change what the query.summary brings back. By default it is the best three sentences, but you can change it to the first 4 sentences, and another choice I can't remember right now. This style file has code in it that talks about file size, date created, and etc. I was wondering if I played around with this code if I could get my CFSEARCH statement to index filesize. I have been looking at it for sometime now and I don't think it is the right way to go. What I want to do is have a verity search engine that will search my collection on any text, file size, and last modified date. I think the only way to do it is to have me CFSEARCH search for the text. Then after I get those results use CFDIRECTORY to compare file size and date last modified. It is not going to be the best coding practice but it should work. Sorry I was not very descriptive of what I was doing at first.

No problem. I saw your other post, looks like you found a solution by combining data from different tags.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back