Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK9740 FSC 3309

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechyG

Vendor
Oct 22, 2009
ZA
Hi,
I read the previous tread about the STK9740 FSC 3309 error code. I have changed the hand assay and are still experiencing the same FSC...
Please provide me with some more info.

Your help will be appreciated!

Regards

Does your 9740 have a glass window? If so does it keep failing the audit in the same place? If so, you have found the cause - possibly a bad target. If you have no window (ie expansion door) then remove a drive from the rear and watch the audit through the hole.

If the problem is intermittent, then possibly your spare hand is not very good, especially if it tested good in a 9710 because for some reason the 9710 is not so demanding. Other than that, you may have an intermittent z flex cable.

If you have an expansion door make sure it is locked tight at both top and bottom locks, not just the top one, as audits will fail at the bottom rows of expansion door.

Hi, thank you for replying. The STK9740 to have a glass window. I ordered another spare hand and Z flex cable from our HO. I will replace the hand first, etc... I will update the thread.

Hi, We replaced the hand, z-flex cable and main board but the library still failed. We replaced the floppy and the lirary IPL'd OK-we even tested the old hand-all worked ok.

Thank you for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back