Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK T10000 tape drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

mletendre

Technical User
Dec 30, 2008
US
We routinely purchase tape hardware and media and have just picked up 2 SUN T10000 tape drives, unfortunately they are just bare drives, no bezels, no SFP, and unfortunately no power supplies! I have talked to variouse resellers and the closest they can find is an upgrade kit to put them into a SL8500 library. We do not have this library...so that wouldnt do us much good.

I had one person contact me through e-mail to sell me a power supply, long story short he said that he accidentally sent 5 and the package was on hold asked if we could cut a deal, we bought another one to make him feel better and told him we would send the other 3 back... we called 3 days later and he said his boss didnt like that either so we ended up buying 4 and they would let one go for free and wethought we could sell the other 3 we didnt need when we got them here.. well we never seen them, and are out a lot of money!

Currently we do not need them in a library, and I know with the 9840/9940 drives we can plug the power supply directly into the wall does anyone know if we get the kit for the sl8500 if we can still do the same thing? I have not seen even a picture of one so I am hesitant to buy without knowing if it will work.

The other option we have is we can purchase the sled for the L700 library or the rack mount housing that they have... does anyone know where i can get one of these for a decent price as we have lost so much on this already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back