Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK SL500

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekAndy

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
US
Someone told me there was a difference in the SL500 hands, one being LTO1 only and another "multimedia" hand for the other LTO tapes. What is the difference?

Andy

New to me Andy.

Does this person have anything in print that indicates this? The SL500 from day one supported LTO2/LTO3 and SDLT. There is a difference in the size of the arrays, so you need the correct type of base/expansion units (LTO or multimedia) but the SL500 compat manual has no mention of different types of robotics assembly for LTO or mixed LTO/SDLT.

Still, I've been wrong before...

Yea, I don't think the guy really knows what he's talking about, but I did know about the arrays. How's everything going out your way?

Andy

A bit quiet at the moment. Writing a Solaris shell script for automated tape drive testing/diagnostics.

There is no known difference in the SL500 grippers. The LTO cartridges are all the same size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back