Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK SATA Disk/Array Testing via FLX210?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddustan

Technical User
Feb 12, 2001
US
Is there any way to test SATA Storagetek Arrays from a workstation via fiber?

- I can set-up a striped array in Windows (2K) and format it.
- I cannot use SeaTools to test the drives since they come up as: Vendor ID: LSI, Product ID: SR 1216 Router, Product Revision Level: 0437, Drive Serial Number: <Blank> These drives are Seagate NL35 ST3400832NS 400GB SATA.
- I have no problem identifying FC drives.

I am thinking another way I could do this is via the array's FLX210. I have set up the routers to the configuration stated in the FlexLine "Preconfiguration and Maintenance Set-up Instructions" document. I do not have SANtricity available but have tried IBM's FastT Storage Management Software (since it is based on SANtricity) to no avail since there is a controller firmware (06.12.16.00) problem (vs FastT rev 09.10.G5.05).

Is there any way for me to test these drives and obtain their firmware levels? Will I need to develop a SATA interface from a testing workstation?

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back