Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK L80 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemateoisc

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hi everyone,
I have an L700 that I can web enable. I tried using the same doggle to web enable my L80 and it didn't work. Is there a certain doggle for the L80? Is the L80 able to be configured for web enable?

Thats What I thought. The dongle for the L80 is to set the amount of cells it can access. Is there such a dongle that sets the amount of cells and web enable the library?

Library status tool is imbedded free of charge in the smaller L20/40/80 libraries. You don't need a special dongle. Just verify the network settings & point to the IP address of the library. Your PC needs to have Java runtime installed and Java policy permissions set up (using policytool)as it uses non-signed Java applets.

I believe this is also true for the HP version of the STK libraries too, no dongle needed... At least with our HP branded L700.

I have never seen a library like these with more than one interface for these modules so it would make sense that the dongle in your case would be for # of slots (though in the later L180 they just used a theata stop at the bottom that you unscrew and move to a different position, and the L700s will recognize when an expansion bay is placed on it by the pins hitting a swith).

Guess with the smaller library they found it was a bigger market to sell upgrades for slots and just give the software away with the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back