Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK L700 SCSI ID issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemateoisc

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hey all,
I am an experiance STK L700 tech, but one issue strikes me as odd. After trying to swap out a drive the SCSI ID setting had changed by itself. The operator didn't change it nor did the tech. I do know that the library was set to hvd, but we put a lvd drive in the unit. Does anyone think that by doing the above would change the SCSI ID settings?

I have seen the L700 lose drive SCSI ID's. Not to another valid ID such as 2 to 3 etc, but lost, changed to INVALID or UNCONFIGURED or some wording like that, and you have to go into the drive menu and type them back in again.

I know what to do when the scsi ID is invalid. I guess I'm just trying to gain some comman knowledge as to why this happened to the library. When you encountered this srror befor what did you do before the scsi ID was set to invalid?

I'm in support so never see the initial stages of a call. However on a couple of occasions I know the library had been powered off for a period, and when switched back on some or all scsi id's were missing. My theory is either:
1) Its an MPC card memory issue (battery?)
2) Its a firmware flaw thats never been resolved

I have seen this but it only set to invalid when the drive was attached to the same BUS as the library, but if you are saying the drive was LVD and the library was HVD, I doubt that was the issue..

Yes, I didn't think the interface was a cause of resetting the scsi id to invalid. Thanks for All the input I will try some experiments and let you know.

I would be inclined to check the battery on the MPC card. I have had this happen on an LLC card for the L20/L40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back