Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK L40 & DX2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

srinibee

Vendor
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi gurus,

I have a STK L40 and DiskXtender 2000. I have two types of drives one DLT8K and two LTO drives. I am unable to use both drives i.e, different densities simultaneously. If I have to use the LTO I have to make the DLT drive offline because the element address of 500 i.e, the first drive in the library. The DX is unable to identify the different densities and trying to mount the LTO tape into DLT and or other way around, but the Library is enough intelligent to understand the different drives.

HAS ANYBODY CONFIGURED THE DX WITH DIFFERENT DENSITY DRIVES?
IS THERE ANY WORK AROUND???????????????
HELP ME PLEASE??????????

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

hello Srinivas,

I am not sure witsh Backup software you are using, but the library protect him self when you are using barcodes.

The Barcods have a Suffix as example S for Super DLT D for DLT IV an so fort.

when you have a software like arcserve you must configer a Virtuel library one for the DLTs and one for the TLOs.

I Hope this help you.

Volker

Hi,
Disk Xtender is not a backup software. Thanks a lot for inputs, But there is nothing like virtual library in this software. This is disk extender software. DX is to use the tapes/mod etc to extend the disk space at a lot cost.

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

Can somebody shed some light on this?
Has anybody using this type of setup in the world?

regards
Srinivas Bandaru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back