Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK 9840A fibre ID issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemateoisc

Technical User
Jan 22, 2009
US
Hey Guys and Gals,
I've been encountering issues with 9840A fibre drives. When I connect to my desk tops,4 different ones via fibre HBA. I find that two PC's will allow my STK SCSI tool box to view the drive. The other two PC's are not. What I noticed was in Device Manager the ID locations for the drive was 249 and 144, which the STK SCSI Tool box only allows 0-127 id locations. Is there a setting or configuration on 9840A fibre drives? Is this a issue with the PC'S? Thanks.

I have seen sometimes this is affected by where the HBA is installed on the PC and where it is plugged in (if multi port)

Well I would like to say thanks for responding. I have three different PC's running through the same fibre switch, and two PC's view the ID settings as different values. This is a problem whenI try to connect to SCSI toolbox to test the drive. Because SCSI Tool Box can only see up to 127 ID setting. The Id settings I get with the drive is 249 and 144. What can be done to change the ID settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back