Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK 9740 LMU Error's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nunney

Technical User
Jul 25, 2006
GB
HI I've got two STK 9740's one of them is playing up. (Haven't got the Lib FSC's)but the ACSLS error log is complaining about:
au_lh_response(1): LH error type = LH_ERR_LMU_FAILURE
cell 0, 0, 3, 0, 0: Library error, LMU failure
ONC RPC: csi_rpcuinit(): Unmapped previously registered RPC service.
drive 0, 1, 1, 2: Library error, LMU failure
au_lh_catalog(1): au_lh_response() unexpected status = STATUS_LIBRARY_FAILURE.

I didn't think the 9740 had LMU's like the bigger 4410/9310's. So why would it mention them. Any idea's please.

Nunney,

ACSLS will be running on something like an Ultra 5 or 10. It will talk to the first 9740 over a serial cable. The controller PCB in the 1st 9740 at the other end of the serial cable is referred to by ACSLS as the LMU (Library Management Unit). Yes, in a big library environment the LMU is a separate cabinet because it might have to control a single logical library of 24 off 9310 silo’s. In a 9740 setup the biggest logical library is 6 x 9740’s and the controller PCB inside the first 9740 can do the job of the LMU.

I see your post is several days old now so I suppose your problem is fixed. However, if it’s intermittent a bigger sample of logs would be needed. Also, have whoever maintains the hardware check out the effected 9740. If it gets a clean bill of health then cast suspicious eyes on the ACSLS database and the Sun hardware that is hosting it. Something might be trashing the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back