Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK 9710 Need Help Changing Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay581

Technical User
Aug 4, 2003
US
We just bought another STK 9710. This one is missconfigured in that it has the expansion door, but doesn't recognize it in the config. It also has 10 drives, but is only configured for 9.

Dumb question time (I'm really REALLY hoping this is a dumb question). How do I get into the config and change these values? I've been back and forth in the LSM and cannot see any option that lets me do more than view the config. I've gone through the hardware guide and that says you can do it from the LSM, but the options on the screen don't match the printed page. I've seen several other folks reference changing and adjusting their config so I'm hoping this is something that I just have missed somehow.

If this cannot be done except by a CE, that is helpful to know as well. This is a simple thing to deal with, but if it cannot be fixed, the vendor either makes it right or takes it back. My choice is I'd rather have the library fixed as I need it badly.

Press the menu and execute buttons at the same time repetedly during IPL. 30 seconds or so into the IPL you will see the configuration menu come up on the operator panel screen... You may also need to remove or relocate a stop screw on the floor of the library to give the robot hand access to the expansion door.
Hope this helps you out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back