Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STK 9310 silo Maintenance training 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

meg12345

Programmer
Oct 19, 2007
EU
Do you know where I can get hardware train on the STK 9310 Powderhorn. I want to do self maintenance since STK is dropping this soon.

There are some USA companies out there who seem to be well into STK maintenance, such as and but whether they have their own 9310 in a lab for running courses I don't know. If not, you may be able to arrange for an STK maintenance company to send an engineer to train you on your own machine - on a one to one basis you can learn quite a lot in even a couple of days.

By the way, even though STK have set an end of service date for the 9310, don't worry about it. Third party maintainers will continue to service the 9310 well beyond that time. There are still TPM maintaned 4410's out there. This might be a better option than doing it yourself if the 9310 is in a production environment. For example, if a fault occurs and it takes you several days to get the machine back up, would that cause a problem?

We are a UK based company who do the full STK training in house for our own field force - we have everything - L20 to 9310, but it's a longer trip.

Thanks for replying. I will get in touch with these folks and see what they can do for me.

I do run courses for 9310 hardware maintenance over 2 - 3 days if you are interested. What is your experience with HSC?
I need someone who is experienced in HSC to help out at times. I am in NJ (Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back