Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still Queued in Hunt Group (VM Pro) 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

Working on a new IP Office 9.1.4 with Voice Mail Pro install. I'm trying to get one hunt group go to a queued message with queue position and eta (got that working!), then if on hold for another 20 seconds go to a still queued message asking the caller to continue to hold or press 1 to leave a message in a mailbox.

I got the first part done, callers are hearing the first announcement with queue position and eta, but after waiting for 20 seconds or so they get sent to the hunt groups mailbox instead of the still queued announcement. I have the hunt group set as Longest Waiting.

One thing I noticed in Avaya's voice mail pro excersises is that in the Queue action they show a picture of a Transfer action at the end of the call flow but they do not mention it in their steps. I've set that transfer to go back to my hunt group but no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

In still queued add a menu with option 1 and a time out of 5 seconds, record a still queued message in the menu
Connect a transfer action to option 1 and set the number to transfer to in it, leave the time-out open
To end up in a mailbox add the groupname.leave as a destination, only the group name will transfer to the group and not to the mailbox
done

Thanks. Any idea why calls are not getting to the Still Queued action? The caller just hears the first Queued Position/ETA, then waits 20 seconds, then goes to the hunt group's mailbox instead of the Still Queued action. I've built the Still Queued action but I can't get calls to get there.

In the first queued action do I need to connect it to the Still Queued action somehow?

The first 8 characters of your hunt group must be unique.
e.g. You can't have:
overflow
overflow2

Poopy bubbles!

is voicemail enabled on the hunt group & what is your voicemail answer time?

Voicemail is enabled answer time is 45 secs.

Is it actually turned on in the group settings in Manager? Also the transfer action isn't required, it should just be a generic action with your prompt and/or the Q ETA/Q POS actions and that's it

Also the group name can't match the system name either... :)

94astro thats why your hunt group voicemail is answering!
You will need to increase your voicemail answer time or turn off the hunt group voicemail.

Thank guys, I'll test later today when back at the shop. I think I tested with voicemail turned off in manager, maybe not. On a side note, speaking of names, I named a user for this system with a /, caused the system to reboot whenever the phone with that name was plugged in. Took me a few hours to figure that one out =)

IP monkey, that worked, my Still Queued prompt is now being heard. But...

Now after the Still Queued announcement is played, the call just continuously rings and does not go back to the first Queued announcement. How does it know to go back to the hunt group and first Queued announcement? I've tried the timeout action with nothing, and I've tried it with a Transfer to the hunt group extension. Either way, after the second Still Queued message is played, it just rings indefinitely.

Also, my Still Queued menu has option 1 ticked and pointed to Leave Mail for a user's mailbox, but when I press 1 while listening to the Still Queued announcement, there is no reply to the DTMF tone.

Ever tried to press F1 in the client?

The Queued action is a single first time action and the still queued action is the second and repeated action, look in manager in the group settings to the Announcements settings, it is childish displayed there and while there disable "Synchronize calls", if enables it disables the use of a menu in the queue actions.

I did read the manager docs on this, didn't see where it said the first announcement plays only once then the second announcement repeats, but it does make sense looking at the announcement options for the hunt group. I definitely didn't read that enabling synchronize calls (which I did) would disable the use of a menu. I'll test tomorrow at the shop. Great info, thanks.

There is a dirty great big arrow on the announcements tab showing the call flow through the Announcements! (not to mention the tick box that says repeat LAST announcement)

from the manager Help files:-
Note
Interaction with Voice-mail Pro Queued and Still Queued Start Points If either custom Queued or Still Queued start point call flows are being used for the announcements, when Synchronize Calls is enabled those call flows will support the playing of prompts only. Voice-mail Pro actions such as Speak ETA, Speak Position, Menu, Leave Mail, Transfer and Assisted Transfer, etc. are not supported.
(the highlighting is mine)

Intrigant pointed you in the direction of the Manager & VM Help files for a very good reason, They are actually helpful, I refer to them all the time & & would bet considerably more than my usual limit of 1 Mars bar that every member listed in the MVP's box on the right does so as well.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Well, thanks for the info. It's all working now. I do read the help files, just not as thorough as I should. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back