Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

still looking for FILTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cASE

Technical User
Mar 12, 2001
CZ
Hi all,

For ages I`m desperately looking for some nice [free]photoshop filters/plugins that might help me to effect images more "technically". I mean is there anything that MAKES the picture [maybe photo] look like it was grabbed from TV [to see the pixel-structure]. Anyone knows that? I suppose such filters exist!!! Thanks a lot for tips!!!

If you just want to pixelate the image so that it looks like a close up in photoshop go to the image > size menu and reduce the resolution (be sure that the resample image box is checked). This will reduce the overall size of the image. Then go back to the image > image size menu and resize it up again (enter a new hieght for the image in pixels). Before you resize be sure to change the resampling mode to 'nearest neighbour' - this will retain your pixel structure.

For loads of great free actions try

...or if you want to save yourself all that effort you could simply choose the filter > pixelate > mosaic ! Much simpler (and easily forgotten!):~/

I seem to remember a "Sucking Fish" filter that would add a horizontal set of stripes to simulate scan lines and add noise.

You could also write an action to make a new layer, draw a one pixel (or more) strip across, select a two (or more) pixel strip, define pattern, fill, set blend to overlay or multiply.... you get the idea. How you write it depends on how much control you need for different images (whether they will be reduced, etc.) If you ALWAYs work at final size before applying it (like for web work) you can tune an action like this pretty tightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back