Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

still locked out of 382

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Need help getting account on old 382 controller.<br>HP-UX 6.x.&nbsp;&nbsp;We have NO accounts.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is OUR stuff.<br>Everyone is too senile to remember or are no longer with us.<br><A HREF="mailto:sclck@fast.net">sclck@fast.net</A><br>

You don't have the original media I suppose? You could, if you have it, boot from that and set the root password I think. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Nope no original media.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are still trying to locate the media and someone who remembers a login.&nbsp;&nbsp;no luck with either yet.

Do you still have a relationship with HP that you could draw on? There might be someone who could help you there, on the old-boy-network. <p>Mike<br><a href=mailto:michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com>michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

No response from HP yet either. So I guess I pull the HP Basic off the drive set up an NT box and kiss HP-UX goodbye.
Unless one of you HP freaks can figure out how to get a login.

Have you asked the question on an HP newsgroup?

Something like:

&quot;I need to hack into an old HP box, any ideas?&quot;

That should generate some interest from the newsgroups crowd.

An obvious suggestion I suppose but -- how much would HP charge to get into it for you? I'd be willing to bet they could do it in a few minutes.

From another thread.....

Go to the console, reboot your HP-UX box to single user mode, then change root password. That's it.
Code:
1. shutdown -r -y 0 (or simply reboot)  ;shutdown and reboot
2. Intercept AUTOBOOT by pressing space bar
3. bo pri isl                                       ; I assume you are booting primary boot path
4. hpux -is                                        ; simple user mode
5. passwd root                                  ; change root password

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back