Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still in service TDA50 w/ bizzare CO issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hednic

Programmer
May 11, 2023
US
Here's the scenario:
TDA50 with DHLC4, DLC4 and two (2) LCOT4 cards. All cards and ports ENABLED.
Original number of lines from LEC was 6, thereby leaving 2 ports open for 2 addtional CO's.
Orignial number of KX-T7633 telephones extensions was 7, leaving one port open for 1 additional telephone.
THE CHANGE:
Added 2 additional CO lines from LEC using the last 2 ports in the LCOT4 card.
Added 1 new KX-T7633 phone using the last port in the DLC4 Card.
RESULTS:
All of the original 7 KX-T7633 phones now have 8 working CO lines.
The new KX-T7633 added only has CO's 1-4 working. CO's 5-8 are not working.
I attempt to reprogram the "Flexible Buttons" as type "Single CO" for CO5-CO8
When I press "Apply" the error "E000404 Invalid extension number was entered. (Extension block error)" comes up.
Any ideas as to why I cannot program CO5-CO8 to the 8th extension (ext 108) on the LCOT4 card when all 8 CO's are programmed on extensions 101-107?
Thanks...

It seems like you have one or more of flexible buttons assigned as DSS with an incorrect or empty number.
Check the entire list of buttons.

Ired, thanks for the logical possible solution, but unfortunately incorrect. See posted "Flexible Button" graphic
230512_Ext101_Flex_bnt6ev.jpg

Try the next solution:
1) Select any other Ext. number from dropdown list (e.g. 101)
2) Press "Copy to" button
3) Select your destination number (108) from extension list in pop-up window.
4) press "Execute" and confirm this action.

Ding, Ding, Ding...You're a winner of a Chicken Dinner. The COPY worked! But why...never mind, jus that it works.

I ran into 1 more issue w/ the TAD50 that I'm about to start a new thread. B4 I do, if you have a thought as to why using "ICM, *7114, 91213xxxxxxx#" does not cause all incoming telephone calls to forward when NOT ANSWERED to "213xxx-xxxx"? I reset the No Answer timer using "ICM, *713 03" to shorten the time for a No Answer condition.

While at ext101 I also tried, "Program, 51 4" and used "Program 53 03" to reset timer to 3 seconds.

Still scratching my head over this. Thanks for your assistance.

1) Your incoming call should be distributed certainly onto this extension number (NOT onto ICD-group number or DISA/OGM)
2) This extension must have a permission for call FWD in it's COS
3) This extension must have an available CO-line for outgoing calls

Examined the COS and became hopeful because COS 1-64 DID NOT have permission for CO call FWD. I ENABLED and tried...but it failed again. All of the conditions that you point out were met. I tried forwarding with "*7114" and "Prog 514" and neither worked.
HOWEVER, I tried this from the now fully functional ext 108 because ext 101 is in full use during the day. Now that the COS is correct, does it make a difference to what phone is being programmed? Thank you.

No, it doesn't.

*7114 is "FWD No Answer" feature. Check UPCMC menu 4-1-1 (last tab) or menu 4-2 for FWD No Answer Time.
Don't forget to use CO-line access code before destination number (after *7114).

And again:
1) Make sure that an incoming call is distributed only to your extension (NOT to an ICD group)
2) Make sure that your extension has any other available CO to make an outgoing call at that time (you need one CO to recieve an incoming call onto your ext, and you need another CO to place an outgoing call to external FWD-destination).

First try to FWD any internal call (107 calls 108, 108 has FWD to an outside -> call of 107 is forwarded to outside destination).

@Ired, will be back onsite next week. Will update after attempt. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back