Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still Having trouble External Call Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

teltonman

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2011
I have read many of the great threads on Call Redirect. I have gone into my Mics, allowed the set to redirect. There were two route, 000 and 001, I use line Pool a, absorb all.

I set 9 as the destination code.
I also removed the 9 for the external access code.
when i go to the set in which i want to forward, when it ask me for the forward to#, when i try to put in the 9, in beeps at me "invalid number". Can someone please tell me what im not doing? My software is 6.1, Centrex lines

You say you removed 9 as the external code but what about line pool codes? Make sure 9 is not used anywhere in the system. It might also be helpful to use more than 1 for your destination codes or else you could soon run out of codes for other users that might want to take advantage of external call forward.

First thing, can you use the set to make a normal outside call? If so how do you dial the number 9+, 99+, ect.?

I can make normal outside calls from the set by dialing 9+ the number. The extension does have line pool A allowed under line access. Everyone in the system has to dial 9 to get outside line.

I created the destination code of 8 and when i go to the set in which i want to call forward and enter feature 4 then the number to call to it will accept the first number (8) which i set for destination code, but when i begin to enter the telephone number it beeps invalid number.

Nothing i seem to do will allow me to forward the calls to the external number. I have followed all of the instructions but it simply will not allow me to input the forward to number after the destination code after i enter feature 4.

I have tried using line pool a and not using the line pool. There does not appear to be pool codes, and i have removed the 9 from the external code. There does not appear to be any other destination codes in the system, and i have tried to use routes 000 and 001, and also created a 002. I wish i can go home for the weekend with this working!

I did notice that there was a delay in being able to enter the external phone number. I created destination code 8, created route 001 to use pool A, absorb all, and allowed redirect. I just tested and it lets me enter any phone number I want. Have you checked to see if your lines are supervised? You can't initiate a conference call if lines are unsupervised. Also, try what I did and then give the system a few minutes before you do a call forward. The system may take a few minutes to reconfigure after the program changes.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Where do I check to see if lines are unsupervised?

Line re-direct and call forward are 2 different features. Use F84 for re-direct. If my memory serves me correctly you need PRI to Cfw
calls to external number.

Check for supervision under Lines, enter the line number (001, etc), press SHOW at Trunk/line Data, scroll through until you see Trunk Mode. It will say either Unspr or Super. You want all lines to be Super.

ringbacktone, starting with DR4.1 you can do external call forward. A PRI is not necessary. You have to allow redirect to initiate an external call forward.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

will changing these lines to super effect anything else? also, when you say all lines, do you mean all lines in the system or only those to be accessed by the set i want to call fwd?

Today I ensured all of the lines in my system are set for supervision. Most were already this way but maybe 20 were not. Now all of my lines are supr and I am still not able to call forward to external number. I've set a destination code of 88, and when i hit call forward button and it ask for call forward to #, I try to put in the 88 but it only accepts the first digit then beeps invalid number. Ive removed the external access code, there are no line pool codes that i can see, set is allowed to redirect. Right now I am just baffled and lost! it seems so easy!

I just created a destination code of 88 in my test system and it works fine for me. Certain early release of DR 6.1 were buggy. Check your system version under Maintenance. The latest release of 6.1 is 30CQG10. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Did you try what Hawks said and are you dialing from the I/C key or on a line key? What line pool the access code is for, the set has to be given access to that pool also under Terminal and Sets.

I can make outside calls from that set. We just press 9 for outside access, then dial the number. I removed any pool access codes and the set is setup to use pool a.

Im not sure what is meant by "am i dialing from I/C key or line key". When i press feature 4 and try to put in the number of my destination code which is 88, it takes the first 8 but not the second. i was looking in button programmning option and it looks like there it ask for an external dial number. my system version is: 30BvE02 NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back