Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still having issues with my HP scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBtheFox

Technical User
Jun 22, 2003
US
I have Windows 2000 professional and a 5300c HP scanner. I downlaoded the most recent triver, which Kofy so kindly linked me to, but the scanner still will not work.

I have gone trough the system and it does show the scanner, no !'s or ?'s beside it. It passes the diagnostic test and the troubleshooter does not have an answer for me.

When I open the program, it will load the HP 'splash' window, and then there is a grinding noise from my tower. After that, nothing. The splash window simply locks, and I'm given an hour glass if I move the mouse over it. After a while, the window turns white. HP Scanner still shows to be running under my task manager, and I have to end task to make it stop running, but the actual scaning program never loads.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back