Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still got event 2020 after kb312362 applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaccaz

MIS
Aug 10, 2005
HK
hi there, hp proliant dl380 g4 server with 3gb ram running 32bit w2k3 std sp2 server, this is ad, file & print, dns, dhcp, tape backup, a typical all-in-1 server in a small network with about 30 users

recently almost regularly once per month, suddenly all users can't access shared network drives, when i want to troubleshoot on the server console, after login it prompted "Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system", actually i can't do too much as almost can't launch any programs.... after reboot the server found plenty of event id 2020 "The server was unable to allocate from the system paged pool because the pool was empty"

Found already updated the registry last month but today just got plenty event 2020 & can't access shared network drive, after reboot the server it fixed.

i'm going to quote extra ram to make it 4gb in total, other than that, what else can i do to fix it permanently?

million thx in advance for your help!

Have you tried increase the size of your pagefile? Instead of hard coding the values try setting it to system managed to see if it help alleviate the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back