Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STILL CLIPS IN ADOBE PREMIER 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAROP

Instructor
Mar 13, 2001
US
Can I bring four individually saved pictures on one the clip from each corner in Adobe Premier or do I have to use Adobe Premier? If so how (change motion?) Thanks I am trying to put together a video for a wedding and it consists of all pictures. I am used to using movie clips not still shots.

You can apply Motion to any still, and reposition, move, zoom it like any other "alive" clip.

;-)

Thanks Oldnewbie...I was aware of that. I just wondered if I could still get all four pictures on the screen so that one comes in from the upper right hand corner, one from the upper left hand corner, one lower right hand and one lower left hand corners if they are individual pics. Hope this makes sense.

What's the end result you want? A quad split? Your four stills on screen at once, but coming in from different corners? Or starting off with the 4 stills on screen, and in turn, have each one overcome the others?

As I said, don't see why you coudn't set each still on it's own track and apply the appropriate motion to each one of them!

B-)

Thanks MAROP!

... and Dave! I didn't even ask for it!

B-)

The first choice...my four stills coming in on the screen at once from different corners...or maybe even staggered each coming in a second apart. Can it be done? Sorry I am a pest about this.

I see what you mean though as long as I have enough tracks to use I will be okay. See I have always used Adobe Premier 4.2. I do have access to 5.0, but have never used it. There must be more tracks which would solve the problem. Make sure Dave sees my second check. Thanks!

Well... Didn't you say you knew about Motion?
Ok! Start with one still, put it on V2 or higher. Set it's duration to 10 seconds. Right-clik, get in the Motion dialog box. The inverted triangle on the left of the timeline is your keyin point. Now click somewhere on top of the timeline, to create a new key point. With the mouse pressed down, along that timeline, drag this key point to the 5 seconds mark. That will be the lenght of your move, then the still with hold it's position for another 5 seconds.
Now click on the beginning of the timeline again, the triangle will move over your keyin point. Type 50% in the zoom field without hiting enter. The still on the left of the Visible area should now appear smaller. Click on the red center point and drag the still to position it's right top corner just leaning against the left bottom corner of the Visible area. You should now have a little still diagonaly aligned to the Visible area. Click over the second key point you just created, the triangle will move up to that point. Now drag your little still so that it occupies the bottom left portion of the Visible area, aligned with the edges. Take note of the v & h positions in the info box (you could have changed those to fine tune your positioning), and hit the end of the timeline. The triangle will once again follow. Now type the v & h positions you noted and set the zoom value to 50%.
You should now see, in the preview window, your small still starting off-frame moving into position and holding there for 5 seconds... leaving space for your other 3 stills.

For the other stills, just repeat the same process, making sure they are on their own track and changing the position from where you want them to come from.

Willing to try this out up to this point?

B-)

Hi Regarding Duration in Premiere 5.1 or 6: I am confused whether it only applies to still clips or also to very short (1-2 frame?) video clips. I have used it on regular video clips, lengthening the duration to get slow motion, and sometimes it works and sometimes not. Also, what about Clip>Speed? Could I just change the SPEED to lengthen or shorten a video clip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back