Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Still can't get Admin Acces t change MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

djtt

Vendor
Aug 8, 2008
US
I still can't seem to get any procedures to get access to the Admin section so the recp. can set up and change MB. The old code was lost.

the only way to get the password w/o losing the config is to contact Vodavi, they will have you go through a process so that they can get into the system, pull a config, change the password and then reupload it for you.

the other option is going to be doing a factory reset on the whole system unfortunetly...

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

I work on Nortel and partner and there is a admin reset procedure i use to resert them myself. is there one for the vodavi?

yes and no....

no - you do not have access to it

yes - the Vodavi tech support does have access to it

Vodavi will remote in to the system, download the config, change the config manually, and then reupload it... that is the only way to do a password recovery short of resetting the system.

Not sure why they did it this way, but they did...

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Do you know what they will charge for somethig like this?

Well... from what I remember, you will need to contact a company that is a Vodavi seller that can contact their Tech Support... I do not thing they will talk to anyone that is not an authorized vendor, they will just refer you to a local vendor.

Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back