Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sticky Drop Downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2001
US
Has anyone had any experience in dealing with forms with a lot of drop-downs, but until you click on the drop down about 20 times, it refuses to drop? I have a form with multiple drop downs that I would term "sticky". Sometimes they drop down on the first click, other times it takes 5 clicks, while still other times it takes 20-40 clicks. I've tried a multitude of things including setting the focus to them, giving them default values on form load, moving them, recreating them, etc. Any insight into this is appreciated since this form is supposed to be out next week to about 200 users. :(

I have to ask, I'm sorry, is your mouse broken? I've never heard of such a thing is all.. Joe Miller
joe.miller@flotech.net

Nope, mouse isn't broken. I thought Access was trying to calculate something, but there is no status in the lower left. (by the way, I'm using Access 97, not 2000).
Anyone else have any ideas?

I've got this. It happens on one form and the drop down is just a value list. There are other drop downs but they are ok. It started after I added a bucket of code to the form. Very odd, and no idea what is up. I've a feeling that Access forgets about some things when life starts getting complicated. Values in global variables seem to evaporate, maybe this is something similar. Peter Meachem
peter@accuflight.com

Try compacting and repairing your database from tools, database utilities...
:) Gus Brunston
An old PICKer
padregus@home.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back