Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steps to Update 97 to 2000 when security is Installed

Status
Not open for further replies.

carfj1

Technical User
Jan 19, 2003
MX
I have more than 100 users, 70% of them have Access 97, the others have Access 2000. Now most of them are changing their computers to a Access 2000.

The 97 FE has the most updated developments. But some functionality on the 2000 version is pending to be done.

I want to know a simple way to:
1.- Import 97 front end objects
2.- Apply security
3.- Deploy the newest version to all users

I know how to do steps 1 & 3 (Check the miracle thread705-546432)

Is it possible to get the security be imported easily? I mean that I don’t want to check on the special permissions of each group every time the updating process is done.

Or is there a way to import and delete old versions of the forms or queries been modified after the original database was created.

Thanks,
Carlos

Both versions of mdw files, and both versions of Front ends are running at the same time.

What I need to speed is the process of updating the 2k FE when an update on the 97 Fe is done.

Thanks,
Carlos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back