Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steps to Outpulse DNIS Digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
Hello: I've got a Definity G3R, and I'm working with our Telco to outuplse our DID's to them so that we can route our faxes down copper and our voice down SIP.

Our PBX currently doesn't outpulse our DNIS digits, we outpulse our main number and we of course want to keep it that way. My telco vendor has configured his switch to insert our main number once the call-types are separated.

Since I've never configured a PBX to outpulse DNIS digits, I want to make sure I'm doing it right. As far as I can tell, I need to do the following:
a) Change the "Send Calling Number" field on the trunk group screen to "Y"

b) Modify the ISDN pub-unknown numbering screen.

So my questions are:
1) Is it just those 2 fields on those screens, or is there more?

2) Trunk Group Page - Send Calling Number: When I go through my manual, I'm a little confused as to the definition of "Calling Number". It describes these as "calling party", but I can read it both ways. Does this refer to the the inbound calls, our outbound calls - or both? My opinion is that this is for Outbound calls, but I want clarification.

3) On the display IDSN Public-unknown-numbering page, all of our extensions are listed with their respective codes, but we are outpulsing the same number. Makes sense. However, since our LD vendor is going to convert what I sent to him back into our main number, I'm wondering if I need to empty this page of all entries, or only remove those entries that refer to our DID ranges?

4) Can I flip this on during the work day, or do I need to busyout and release the trunk groups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back