Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

steps to install sudo on solaris 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranganayaki

IS-IT--Management
Nov 22, 2006
US
Could someone please tell me how to go about installing sudo?

Thanks a million

Hi,
1. Install SFWsudo package.
2. It will create sfw diretcory under /opt.
3. Under /opt/sfw/etc u can find sudoers file. U can edit this file using visudo ( prefered ) or vi and define the following:
# Host alias specification
Host_Alias LOCALHOST = server-name
4. Suppose if u want to restrict command x,y and z inder /susr/sbin u can do the following:
1. define a command aliase in sudoers
Cmnd_Alias RESTRICTED = /usr/sbin/x , /usr/sbin/y , /usr/sbin/z
5. Then if u need give full sudo access to user-A and restricted access to user-B, then do the following sudoers file:
user-A ALL=(ALL) ALL
user-B LOCALHOST = ALL, !RESTRICTED
6. Make sure permission of sudoers file must be 440 or 400.

Thanks,
smishra

hi........Thanks for your reply.....but could you tell me steps to install SFWsudo package...when I do pkgadd -d SFWsudo it does not work.

Thanks a ton

Jaya

Where is SWFsudo located? You need to point the -d option to where it has been placed. Other than that are you getting any error messages?

Alan Bennett said:
I don't mind people who aren't what they seem. I just wish they'd make their mind up.

Oops, I made the assuption that Jaya had already downloaded the package, but you're probably right Anni!!

Alan Bennett said:
I don't mind people who aren't what they seem. I just wish they'd make their mind up.

I really appreciate all your suggestions. I figured out sudo is already installed in solaris 10. I went into sudoers file under /etc and added the user

jaya ALL=(ALL) ALL

then logged in as jaya and typed $/opt/local/bin/sudo format
it asked for my password and then came back with sudo:format not found....

What do I do...........please help

Thanks a million

Jaya

You have to put the full path to the format binary, e.g. /usr/sbin/format.

Annihilannic.

if you are logged in as a user, you can edit the path of that user to include /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:usr/local/bin etc....

That should make it so you do not have to fully qualify each command.

Thanks...........I figured it out........
Thanks for all your valuable input

Jaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back