Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Step by Step swap of 100 INA to 100 DCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrewiski

Technical User
Aug 28, 2009
US
Anybody every swap a 100INA for a 100DCD. The INA appears to be what is causing my switch to cycle. I have a spare 100 dcd and am not using the data portion of INA so was hoping to swap it out.

Anybody able to give step by step?

Andy

power down system
remove 100INA
insert 100DCD same slot
power up system
board renumber
clear any errors

As long as you are not using the router portion you can swap them with no ill affects. Follow what cvrbob has typed for you.

We are not using the INA for Data at all only for incoming lines of of the PRI line. Thanks for the help, I will give it a try tonight.

Not that I am going to use it on the 100DCD for anything but I am curious. What is the Data Port 1 and 2 settings of the 100 DCD used for if there is only one Port on the card for the DS1 line?

Andy

The pdf is broken is some places (scroll through and you'll see an Adobe error). Bottom line is that the advice you've been given is excellent. Keep the programming restricted to voice and you should be golden.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back