Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Steady Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicktheknife

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2008
CA
Hello all, new here.

I have an x3400 server running windows server 2003 standard and only four users. It's been running fine for 18 months and this morning when we came in we hear a steady beep beep beep, one about every 1.5 seconds.

I've called IBM and ran their diagnostice and they said there were no hardware failures.

I backed out the last windows update.

Checked the temp of the cpu's and they are way below normal.

When I boot in safe mode it's quiet.

Whan I boot in regular mode the beeping does not start until windows is almost completely loaded. About 15 seconds after the login screen is presented.

Has anyone heard of this, or is there an FAQ I can follow to help me diagnose what is loading to cause this.

Thanks

Nick

No FAQ, but are they long beeps or short beeps? Long beeps would be a keyboard failure, short beeps usually indicate video (I believe). How far back can you roll the updates? What do the logs say? Have you tried a registry cleaner? Is it the onboard video or pci?

Burt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back