Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

stcewgenericmonk batch ew: Publish to a external share

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkRaven2

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
EU
Hey all,

I need a new eWay on my eGate 4.5.1 to Publish Data to a AS/400 (Samba) Share, but all my settings doesn't work.

External Host Setup:
Host Tyle: NT4
Hostname: Server
User Name: Server\Username
File Transfer Method: File Copy

Publish to External:
Remote Directory Name: \\Server\Directory
Remote File Name: test.txt
Append Transfering Files.

Any Ideas?

Is there not an AS/400 option in the config for this. Or try one of the settings for another database. This sometimes works. You may need to edit the <configname>.sc file though to help make it work.

Another thing to remember, the IFS connection is not case sensitive like winblows (unless you set that system value - which is global), but you cannot mix case. Try using a completely lower case password.

Another option is to search for the iSeries, attach to it and mount a local share.

Also, do a wrkflr on the share folder and make sure that the user has rights to write.

You may even want to map directly to \\server\qdls.

Let us know what works.

Mark

Thanks 4 all!

I've tried all suggestions, but my eGate didn't connect to the Share's. Now, the AS/400 Admins have installed an ftp access for my egate and all works fine.

Thanks again for your help!

Dark Raven II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back