Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Staying current w/ Lotus Notes client updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMO6

Technical User
Feb 11, 2002
US
Is there a way to update multiple clients without touching every workstation? For example, could I copy the necessary files to the Domino server and distibute the updates that way?

There isn't an easy way within Notes R5. Notes 6 has a option to upgrade the Notes client centrally. However, there is an option within Notes R5 of sending out upgrade notifications via mail, but I haven't had a great deal of success with this, it seems it's mainly aimed at major upgrades not MR's. You could try it though, you will find it in the Admin client. There should be info on how to do this in the Admin help database.
Other options include using third party tools such as Notes Pump or using Citrix.

Oh yes, I forgot, you could run the Notes code through a Shared Network install, but I suspect that won't be an option for you if you have already rolled out Notes. It also relys on a fast and robust network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back