Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

STATUS.DAT error uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggggus

Programmer
Jul 5, 2003
I'm just trying to uninstall Peachtree 2005 complete, and I'm getting an error 1306 that status.dat is locked. It's running on a small network (3 computers) and none of the computers have Peachtree running on it.

Firstly, is there a way to see what resources are using this file, so that I can kill them and delete the file.

Secondly, I don't really need to unstall it, but I can't get into peachtree right now. All the computers on the network think that my serial number and registration is already used.

J. Jacobs

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm not too familiar with the application but I do know that it's built on a Pervasive DB. I have the following link that gives a little bit of support:

Pervasive has a utility that lets you see what files are open and who has them open called Pervasive monitor.

If status.dat isn't a Pervasive file then the operating system may have similar functionality.

Your best bet would be to go back to the vendor for support.

Bst of luck,
Tom

BTW tek-tips have two pervasive forums:

forum321 and forum318

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back