Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status code 130

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin906

MIS
Aug 4, 2006
US

All I can find in the manual is "Bad Security Checksum"

Here is what was in the log:

28 JUL 09 05:08:03PM

*** System Security Violated
>>> NOTIFY SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE
00000 1CC09400 30010000 00010384 3DCD0100 *....0.......=...*
00010 0F00D00D 0000113A 0C008900 *.......:.... *

Is this cause for alarm, mailbox hack attempt or something more sinister?

Thanks,

This look pretty bad to me. This is showing that the checksum does not match what was the expected value.

Have you had someone working on it? This can happen when it can't read the serial numbers of the drives and system.

Or it will happen if someone is trying to turn on users or features that they are not allowed to have.

It also shows that in 16 days it will change to read only unless the security is re validated.

It could be an attempt to hack but they would need to know your modem number and password among other information.

Has it been restarted in the last day or so? Or are you getting any other alarms?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Yes it was restarted to clear a problem with an FLT card not answering calls. The restart cleared the issue. I will access the system again and list the errors.

The system was reloaded again this morning and the error is no longer showing up at the main screen or in the error log. I did not do the reload as there are other techs working on this system. So I guess we'll see if all is OK or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back