Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status Bar Text

Status
Not open for further replies.

SgtJarrow

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
I have a process that takes about 30 seconds to run. It is process approx 150,000 records for several different reports. I would like to display text in the status bar that tells me what step it is on....in other words, which query or statement is it currently processing. I don't care about the progress bar, but I definitely don't want the stupid access messages (Import..., Run Query..., etc) to be display "over" my text. Any suggestions???

I have tried the following, but the access messages still overwrite my defined messages....

RetVal = SysCmd(acSysCmdSetStatus, "Importing Fund Accouting Data.....")
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein. [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
robert.l.johnson.iii@citi.com

ok I know there is no way to put text in the status bar if your or on a form ...
but if you set the focus to a control textbox, command button or anything else you can access the statusbartext property

Cmd.StatusBarText = "BLAH"

Vince

If each step is run from a macro, then you can make an overall macro that runs the individual macros with an echo display between each macro.

Unfortunately it is just a bunch of function calls....each has an exact purpose. What I am really trying to do is find out which ones are taking the longest....and let the user know approximately where in the process it is....My previous time estimae was wrong....it takes approximately 55 seconds per run. I would like to cut this down, and that is part of what this will do. I will be able to see which functions are slow and maybe rework them to be more efficient. Thanks for your advice. "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein. [spin]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
robert.l.johnson.iii@citi.com

I use the same principle with functions
Code in Macro

Echo 'echo message 1'
RunCode myfunction(1)
Echo 'echo message 2'
RunCode myfunction(2)
Echo 'echo message 3'
RunCode myfunction(3)
Echo 'echo message 4'
RunCode myfunction(4)