Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status and confirmation windows appear on server rather than client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RVStevenson

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
US
I am fairly new to the use of Terminal Server, and am having a 2 strange problems. They both involve status or confirmation windows popping up on the terminal server's local screen rather than the users client machine.

The server is a windows 2003 box with terminal services. The client is using RDP to form a remote desktop connection. This occurs on both windows and linux based client machines.

Problem #1: My laser printer has a status monitor window that pops up with print job information whenever a job is sent to the printer. When a client prints to the selected printer, the document prints but the monitor window pops up on the terminal server's local screen rather than the client machine's screen. This is a minor inconvenience but is probably related somehow to #2.

Problem #2: I use Avanquest Check Designer which creates a virtual printer to allow me to print checks from QuickBooks that include the check information such as the MICR line that QuickBooks will not print. Each time a print job is sent to the virtual printer, a box pops up so you can enter the starting check number for the Check Designer program. This entry box is popping up on the server rather than the client. This is a major problem as I can't be running to the server every time someone in accounting prints a check.

Any insight into this behavior would be greatly appreciated! I sure hope there is a way around this.

Thanks,

Ryan V. Stevenson
Specialty Services Director

National Support Network
East Lansing, MI - USA

Ryan@itpayz.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back