Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station not covering to voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL16

Programmer
Sep 5, 2008
US
Interesting issue I have run into after a power outage.

The station in question, "station A", is bridged to four other stations. Station A when statused is disconnected. When station A is called, rings 4 times at the bridged stations, and then it tries to cover to voicemail but I receive message 'Extension 00000 is not available' then disconnects. I need the call to go to Station A's voicemail. Even though there is a voicemail set up for station A and before the power outage it was working.

I stopped and started messaging a number of times, this has worked in the past but not this time.

Any ideas?

Is the extension for station A still in the voicemail system?

Yes, I actually removed and rebuilt the voicemail box.

What is the voicemail connectivity to the CM? Are you using IA770 or Intuity?

Look at the coverage points on the cover path. Is it set to yes

It's covering or else they wouldn't get the 'Extension 00000 is not available' message. Do all of the other extensions work properly?

You might have missed configuration on the IP trunk and in the route pattern. The 'Extension 00000 is not available' because you're not sending the correct number through the IP trunk.

All the other extensions that have the cover path are working properly. They all cover to voicemail. "Station A" is the only one that is having this problem. The difference that I see is that station A is disconnected... but it still should hit voicemail.

Even when I take all bridged appearances off. It will not ring at all but it will go straight to the 'Extension 00000' message.

Sorry should of explained it better, is the terminate to coverage points with bridged appearances on the cover path set to yes

Coverage Path 1
Coverage Path
Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

The 'Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances' option is something entirely different, it has to do with extensions that are in the coverage path that the extension is bridged on...

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances
Code:
Valid entries Usage
y Allows a call to alert as both a bridged call and a redirected call.
n The call skips the coverage point if it has already alerted as a bridged call.

This is a voicemail problem. I would recommend a neat and planned shutdown/restart of voicemail. There might be some curruption. Remove the subscriber and do a controller shutdown/restart, then add the subscriber back in.

I will rebuild the voicemail box and restart the server during non-business hours tonight.

Thanks to all who helped out so quickly! I will post tonight if it works or not.

AL16,

How did this problem turn out? I always thought that terminating with bridged appearances would work...

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back