Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Station Logout

Status
Not open for further replies.

TykeUK

Technical User
Jul 27, 2004
GB
I have a phone in a meeting room with a 4 digit extension number. When certain people use this meeting room they want to use their own extension number instead.

I don't want the logoff feature on these stations as it caused problems in the past, and I don't want to give them the admin password for the phone. Does anyone know of another way to be able to log a station ID off so they can log theirs in etc?

Thanks

Depends on the handset type.

I use 96xx handsets and find that setting the guest login up for those phones works ok. The user gets logged out of the guest phone after a defined period of time and the original extension number becomes valid.

Obviously you will need to add teh handsets to a group and only apply these settings to that group.

46xxsettings.txt said:
## !! Remove logout option
SET OPSTAT 000
## !! Allow Guest login to phone
SET GUESTLOGINSTAT 1
## !! Set maximum duration of guestlogin
SET GUESTDURATION 2
## !! Warning of impending logout
SET GUESTWARNING 5

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

The guest login feature works perfectly for our 96xx series phones but we also still deploy 4620's. Is there anythinng similar for the 46xx series?
Thanks

Hi,
we use a usb key on IP phone 9611g for log-in in the new location. After the use, remove the usb key and the phone make a re-log in with previous number automatically.
regards.

46xx---use mute 564633# and it will log off....however to log back in you have to know the original station and password. by the way 564633 spells logoff on the keypad....

96xx--use guest login for temporary use- or- mute 27238 # and choose logoff. (27238 spells craft on the keypad)

there is no guest login on 46xx to my knowledge.

Matt--Telecom Engineer, Network Operations Center

CCNA
ACA-Voice Management
ACE-IP Telephony
Converged+ Certified
Linux+ Certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back