Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

static PIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi,
I just configure mi adsl router as bridge to PIX firewall. Before, these router does nat from smtp server and How i can configure mi pix to do nat that before makes router.

Sorry for my poor english i`m spanish boy! ;P

It would help to understand how it was working before you installed the PIX but I'll take a shot at it anyway.

How many public addresses did your provider give you?

If it's like my provider there is only one address. If that's the case I don't think you can do what you describe with the PIX. If you're using the DSL device as a bridge then the outside address of the PIX will have to be coded with the provider supplied public address. You can overload the outside address to translate your NAT group but the servers would need their own static translations to public addresses.

If you have only one address maybe you could setup your DSL router the way it was before and put your servers between your DSL router and the PIX. That may work but the two servers wouldn't be protected.

If you have at least three public addresses then there is no problem. Use one address for the outside, one for the smtp server and one for the FTP server. Overload the outside address for your NAT group and create two statics for servers. Obviously you'll need to create an access-list on your outside interface.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back