Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static outside -> inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

eTTan

Technical User
Mar 1, 2001
SE
Hi All!

Is it possible to access an web server on the dmz from the inside thru the outside interface.

I have setup a static map from the outside to the dmz server but i can't access it from the inside, is this possible?

I only have a dns server for the domain on the outside and when accessing from inside it uses the external ipaddress and i can't connect to it.

/Johan

You will have to either use the internal address of the server or configure an 'alias' on the pix so that the DNS replies (with the live outside address) are changed for the internal address.

Chris.

Chris Andrew, CCNA, CCSA
chris@iproute.co.uk

This is a name resolution problem more than anything else. While an alias would work, another work-around is to put a hosts entry in the PC's to the web servers DMZ IP address. If your supporting less than 50 PC's or so, it's a simple run-around-and-update. If much larger than that, you might want to think about an internal DNS server. If your running a Client/Server domain inside, consider making the DC (Windows) a DNS server as well. DNS resolution should never be taken for granted, IMHO.

Ok, thanks for the reply, i have tried to use the alias command with dnat and it works, thanks!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back