Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static on Analog expansion module

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickl4583

Programmer
Dec 2, 2009
US
I have multiple analog expansion modules and most phones plugged into these have lots of static when they go off hook. I have other digital and IP phones in this environment and none of those are giving me a hard time. Any help would be appreciated.

are you using the right cable to connect the modules to the processor?

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks for the reply guys. The cable that came with the module is the one we are using to connect it to the processor. All of my expansion modules are properly grounded. We are cross connecting through multiple phone closets, so I starting to wonder if it is picking up interference from something else. I am at a loss at this point.

If this is and external Phone 16 or 30 module I would swap the power supply with a known good one to eliminate a noisy power supply. If they are internal Phone 2 or 8's in a 500 chassis it could still be a power supply issue but that would mean swapping the chassis to troubleshoot that issue.

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back