Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static NAT Routing Problem on Solaris

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorfun

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
GB
Hi, I am having what i think is a simple problem but can't seem to fix it!?!

I am statically NATing a server and have added a static route to the routing table of the firewall and an arp -s entry to the target box but i can't get packets from the internet through the firewall.

I am snooping the external interface qfe0 and can see the packets getting to the external interface of the firewall but they aren't getting any further and there aren't any entries in the log file.

Are there any FW1 and Solaris experts out there that can help me with this as I am slowly going bald! ;-)

If more info is required to aid me in this then let me know and i will supply it. cheers.

Don't worry, everyone! i fixed the problem and like the twat i am it was a simple problem in that i'd put the wrong MAC address in the arp table! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back