Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static Image followed by flash - is this possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddyT

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
GB
Is there any way to have a static image on a webpage replaced with a flash presentation once the flash has loaded in the background?

Basically, I have a flash photoalbum that needs to run when the webpage loads. Unfortunately, the flash file is a litte large, and consequently, it can take afew moments to load. The idea is to have a static image available immediately, and subject to the speed of connection, the flash will follow....

I have compressed the images as much as I can without losing quality, so need a work around.

Thanks in advance.

why not do a 'preload' image (just a flash movie with a static jpeg embedded, then write actionscript that

1.) loads an empty movie clip
2.) loads the external .swf into that empty movie clip
3.) detects when it reaches 100% (the newly loaded external swf)

and when it DOES reach 99% or 100%, the alpha setting of the embedded jpeg image goes to 0 so its invisible and the external swf file begins to play.

it might be easier for you to do what dmears1 said though - I just realized this ist he dwmx forum and not the flash forum.

agree with aamaker...
simply make a layer called preloader that is 1 frame long. Put whatever image you want on there and then put an action similiar to the following:

if (_framesloaded=>_totalframes);
go to and Play(2)

the playhead will sit at frame 1 until all frames are loaded...

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back