Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Static Chart Color

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsntyd

Programmer
Sep 27, 2005
US
Hi,
I'm trying to setup a report in a VB application that uses the RDC. (I'm using CR XI) There is a chart that has two characteristics (on change of): Failure Location and Cause Code.

I need the "Recycle" Failure Location to always be tan, and the "In Service" Failure Location to always be green, and the "FLRF" Failure Location to always be red.

My problem is, depending on the quantities of Cause Code, the colors change. Is there a way in CR XI to assign color to a specific legend item in a chart? Thanks in advance...

-Crimsntyd

Hi,

I'm using CR X since some days and just found out the following (sorry if the terms are not exactly like they are in the english version, I'm working with a german one):

In the chart expert remove the checkmark "Choose options automatically" first.
Now you will see a flag "options".
In the section "chart colour" you will find a button "format".
By pressing this button you will enter the "chart colouring expert". You may now add elements to the list, define a condition and associate a colour.

I think it's a good feature and they won't have removed it with XI.

hth
Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back