Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Startup msg no exclusive access disables users of certain group. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaddiMond

Technical User
Mar 28, 2005
US
Hi,

I have a problem with group permissions that I cannot figure out. I created a new group that has only limited access to forms and reports, but when I log in with a member of this limited access group, I always get the message: You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. The message actually blocks everything and if I click ok, the message does not disappear. I have to shut down the computer. If I log in as a member of the Admins team to this database, this message never appears. What am I missing? Is there a special thing I have to set so that they can actually work with some forms and reports without getting the no exclusive access message? Hope made myself clear enough.

Thanks,

Maddi

There is possibly a problem with the network folder permissions. For Access you need to be able to have ALL of read/write/create/delete permissions on the shared folder.

Copy the database somewhere else and see if you get the same error.

Also the error message you quote is a common one, check out the search I ran on the newsgroup for it if you think it helps:
--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back